Paediatric Physiotherapists are movement specialists for babies, children and adolescents. Our Physiotherapists can help your child attain new gross motor skills to allow them to be more independent and thrive in everyday life. To improve your child’s ability to move our Physiotherapists will use a comprehensive treatment program including stretching, strengthening, gait training, posture, balance, vestibular retraining, education and most importantly play!
Butterfly’s Physiotherapists are highly skilled professionals that use standardized outcome measures to assess your child’s current level of function, strengths and challenges to overcome. At Butterfly, we know that each child is unique and pride ourselves on using creative interventions to engage children in rehabilitation activities that are fun and functional. Together with the child and family in mind, we create individualized treatment programs to help your child “Spread their wings!”
Butterfly’s Approach to Physiotherapy
Our Physiotherapists pride themselves on using a client and family centered approach to care, working with you to identify your child’s goals and to create an individualized treatment plan in order to achieve them.
At Butterfly, our Physiotherapists use a hands-on approach to rehabilitation. They are skilled in a variety of specialized handling techniques to provoke and facilitate gross motor skills. At Butterfly, you can trust that you are in good hands!
Our Physiotherapists are trained in the following clinical skills:
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)
- Cuevas Medek Exercises (CME)
- Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- Post Concussion Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic taping techniques (Kinesiotaping)
- Gait training including body weight support treadmill ambulation
- Electrical Stimulation (Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation NMES)
- Functional Strengthening Training
- Post surgical rehabilitation (such as Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR))
Equipment and orthotic assessment and prescription (AFOs, KAFOs, HKAFOs, walkers, canes, standers).